MINI SUN POWER SAVER
Organisations today demand more energy to power an increasing array of products and labour-saving devices in homes, schools, and workplaces. Energy saving and efficiency systems address our building energy consumption, and yield significant long-term financial rewards.
In line with our business focus, Mini Sun Marketing offers reliability and functionality through a range of energy efficiency systems that can meet the needs of an organisation.
Mini Sun Power Saver (MSPS) uses advanced German Electrical Technology to regulate your current supply and stabilizes the voltage, thus optimizing electrical consumption in electrical appliances and machineries in residential, commercial or industrial facilities. Simultaneously, it improves the “power factor” of your electrical supply and minimizes energy wastage in equipments that may be old, faulty or of inferior quality. Hence, it can significantly help reduce your monthly electrical expenses while protecting and prolonging the life span of your equipment investments.
To understand the energy needs of each business, an in-depth analysis on the power quality and condition is carried out at the business premise using the latest energy audit technology. Our qualified team of engineers at Mini Sun Marketing will be able to identify the business’ current energy needs and shortfalls and present how MSPS may make a difference in the business.
What is Power Factor and how it can impact our Electrical Bill?
Low power factor is expensive and inefficient. Many utility companies charge an additional fee if your power factor is less than 0.95. Low power factor also reduces your electrical system’s distribution capacity by increasing current flow and causing voltage drops.
Cause of Low Power Factor
Low power factor is caused by inductive loads (such as transformers, electric motors, and high-intensity discharge lighting), which are a major portion of the power consumed in industrial complexes. Unlike resistive loads that create heat by consuming kilowatts, inductive loads require the current to create a magnetic field, and the magnetic field produces the desired work. The total or apparent power required by an inductive device is a composite of the following:
- Real power (measured in kilowatts, kW)
- Reactive power, the nonworking power caused by the magnetizing current, required to operate the device (measured in kilovars, kVAR)
- Reactive power, required by inductive loads increase the amount of apparent power (measured in kilovolt amps, kVA) in your distribution system. The increase in reactive and apparent power causes the power factor to decrease.
Why Improve Your Power Factor?
Some of the benefits of improving your power factor are as follows:
- Your utility bill will be smaller. Low power factor requires an increase in the electric utility’s generation and transmission capacity to handle the reactive power component caused by inductive loads. Utilities usually charge a penalty fee to customers with power factors less than 0.95. You can avoid this additional fee by increasing your power factor.
· Your electrical system’s branch capacity will increase. Uncorrected power factor will cause power losses in your distribution system. You may experience voltage drops as power losses increase. Excessive voltage drops can cause overheating and premature failure of motors and other inductive equipment.
Correcting Your Power Factor
Some strategies for correcting your power factor are:
- Use Mini Sun Power Saver
- Minimize operation of idling or lightly loaded motors.
- Avoid operation of equipment above its rated voltage
- Replace standard motors as they burn out with energy-efficient motors. Even with energy-efficient motors, however, the power factor is significantly affected by variations in load. A motor must be operated near its rated capacity to realize the benefits of a high power factor design.
- Install capacitors in your AC circuit to decrease the magnitude of reactive power.
1 Year Limited Product Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS GOVERNED BY MINI SUN MARKETING. This 1-year limited warranty is for the benefit of the original consumer purchaser only and will continue for as long as such original purchaser uses the Mini Sun Power Saver (MSPS) purchased herein.
Product Replacement Coverage
Subject to the provisions below, this warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials in the MSPS.
Mini Sun Marketing warrants this product against defects in material or workmanship as follows:
LABOUR: If this product is determined to be defective during a period of 1 year from the date of purchase, we will replace the product at no charge.
To obtain warranty service, the customer must remove the product, ship it freight prepaid in appropriate packaging to Mini Sun Marketing.
This warranty does not cover the cost of shipping or re-installation of the product, cosmetic damage which does not affect the operation of the device, damage due to an accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, or negligence.
What is NOT Covered
This warranty will not apply to any defects or damage to the MSPS unit or any properly connected equipment arising due to: (a) tampering, modification, or alteration of the MSPS unit, including breaking the warranty seal, (b) use of the MSPS unit under less than normal conditions (conditions dissimilar to those on the design name plate of the unit). This warranty does not cover any damage to properly connected equipment resulting from a cause other than a power surge. (A power surge is defined as an electrical transient or spike on the AC power or communication lines, including those caused by lightning.) This warranty specifically does not cover damage associated with sustained over-voltage, vandalism, theft, normal wear and tear, obsolescence, abuse, or catastrophic events. This specifically excludes well pumps, sprinkler systems, and security alarm systems. Mini Sun Marketing disclaims liability for any incidental, indirect loss, and/or special or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost business profits, loss of data and all freight, mileage, travel time, and insurance charges associated with warranty coverage claims arising out of the sale or use of the MSPS or out of the performance (or failure or delay) of our warranty.
Warranty Claim Procedures
If you have any product problems or defects, or find that you have sustained surge damage to your electrical equipment, contact Mini Sun Marketing. We will give you instructions to send the damaged MSPS unit back to us (freight pre-paid) for testing, confirmation of damage, and either repair or replacement. Submit receipts along with your claim package.
How does MSPS Helps to prevent Surge and Spike?
Benefits of MSPS surge and spike protection include:
- Longer equipment life
- Less down-time of sensitive equipment
- Lower maintenance costs on equipment
Surges and spikes are individual one-time singularities in the voltage waveform, generally produced by specific events such as lightning strikes, switching transients and equipment starts, which can cause voltage variants many times the amplitude of the normal waveform. Studies have shown that up to 100 major transients per month occur on commercial distribution lines, and at least one report suggests that the total business cost of electrical transients each year is approximately $25 billion.
MSPS achieve surge and spike protection in less than 0.3 seconds.
How does MSPS helps to reduce Electrical noise?
Noise is an undesirable addition to the power voltage/current waveform.
MSPS units achieve noise suppression through four mechanisms:
- Primary power factor capacitors
- Smaller capacitors installed to provide low impedance to high frequency noise
- Filtering inductors
- Metal oxide varistors (MOVs), which provide surge suppression
Electrical noise, generally random in nature and generated by either external or internal sources, can be continuously generated or it can be the result of periodic disturbances in the environment through which the power is distributed. The different capacitances of the MSPS units effectively smooth out the incongruities of the power voltage/current waveform, and the filter circuit eliminates other noises. The resultant waveform provides less noise to the circuit. These factors combine to provide a stable power source for sensitive electronic equipment such as computers, audio-visual equipment and other machinery.
Harmonics are caused by any equipment which alters the voltage waveform or uses only a portion of the sine wave such as computers, switch-mode power supplies, variable frequency drives, and high efficiency electronic ballasts. Harmonic distortion is a steady-state problem, and is different from short-term effects such as spikes, sags or surges. Harmonics distort sine waves and can create excessive currents and oppose the normal flow of current through a motor, causing a reduction in its operating life. While no single generic solution can eliminate all harmonics in all situations, the Power filtration and capacitive system can often depress the magnitude of many harmonics problems, leading to a reduction in Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
Noise filtration, when applicable from MSPS units result in benefits to you including:
- More efficient voltage waveforms, resulting in kW savings
- Longer motor life
- Lower currents on the neutral sine waves, resulting in safer operating conditions
- Better reception on audio-visual equipment
- Reduction in detrimental effects of noise-based interference and distortions
MINI SUN POWER SAVER Model : MS 188 & MS 388
• Up to 30% savings on your electrical bills
• German Technology
• PSB & SIRIM tested
• Regulate current flow – reduce noise and electro magnetic interference
• Minimize energy wastage
• Improve power factor
• Prolong life span of appliances and machineries
• Lightning surge arrester – prevent short circuit
• Ease of Use – any 13amp plug
• Free maintenance
• Extended warranty available
W x H x D (mm)
3 – Phase
126 x 138 x 80
350 to 1,000
750 to 3,000
126 x 138 x 80
500 to 2,000
1,500 to 6,000
* Apply one unit of Power Saver to each phase
* This device is not design for heavy duty load or monthly consumption higher than 6,000 kwh